What’s better than having a warm drink on a rainy day? Tumeric latte aka golden milk, is caffeine-free and made with a plant milk base. It is loaded with antioxidants and a very popular cold remedy. The key compund in tumeric is called curcumin, and it is linked with many health benefits such as improved digestion, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties! To help absorb more of the curcumin, try a small amount of black pepper to go with it. Very few ingredients needed and done in 10 mins!
- 150 ml Unsweetened plant milk (for example oat milk)
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Small piece of grated fresh ginger (or ½ tbsp of ginger powder)
- ½ tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Simmer the oat milk for 2-3 minutes until you see small bubbles but not boiling.Add in all other ingredients and stir for another 3-4 minutes until